Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

HISTORY

STRAC Company (1950’s)

Originally, there was an exceptional man: Georges MASUREL.

Integrating Niemen Normandy and Picardy Squadron, as a mechanic then as a pilot, he was part of the campaign in France until the end of World War 2.

He founded in 1949; an aircraft operations and a maintenance company named STRAC, based in Tunisia, beginning with Auster J1 for transport and spreading missions. The discovery of oil and gas in neighboring countries opened new opportunities for aviation. He bought a De Havilland 89 “Dragon rapide” to provide the transport of goods and passengers. And then, EAS history began.

100000000000021F00000198F8025494

AERO-SAHARA (1950/1964)

While STRAC carries on aircraft maintenance activities, a commercial division dedicated to public transport is created: AERO-SAHARA. The airline operated flights mainly between In Anemas and La Skhira (gas terminal). The headquarter operations was in Edjelh, Red House Airfield. Missions essentially consisted in monitoring pipelines and transport passengers for the oil companies.

EUROPE AERO SERVICE (1964-1991)

Back in France, Georges MASUREL founded the company EAS, on the present site, next to Perpignan-La Llabanère Airport. In December 1964, EAS purchased the land and the concrete hangar, formerly belonging to the Company BYRRH, which used to park its DC3 F-BEIS. The Douglas being sold for several years, the company BYRRH in decline left the airfield.
EAS Company bought 3 Vickers Vikings and inaugurated in 1966 services in Palma, Nîmes and Southern France. 1968, EAS bought a HERALD 2 almost new. In 1969, the VAF-LBG line opened.

100000000000036A00000271D90C6BC4

Then EAS bought in 1970 a NORTH 262 to link Carcassonne to Nîmes. The year after, EAS got four DC-6 and despite their brief service with the company; these aircrafts as well as the agreements with the TRANS UNION for Mail transport gave EAS a new dimension. The following steps were the development of freight transport and the charter flights. With this perspective EAS changed the fleet from the DC-6 to more modern aircrafts the Vickers Vanguards.

Vickers Vanguard

100000000000053A000001BDC3EE8A61

1973-1991

In 1973 with the extent of the company and the need of building a larger hangar arises for the maintenance activities; the hangar BYRRH being no longer sufficient. In the 70s EAS is both an airline with freight and charter flights and a maintenance facility while keeping smaller activities with the DO28 CESSNA 180A and the F-BNPD for the paratroopers use.

In 1978, a second base of EAS is created at Paris Orly (ORY); settled in SEDEMA facility a company directed by Mr. MASUREL.

At the beginning of the 80s, AIR FRANCE signed contracts with AIR CHARTER INTERNATIONAL for the maintenance of five Caravelles. Then EAS bought one BOEING 727, three 737-200, two 737-500 and two AIRBUS A310. The commercial branch was growing, and the maintenance facility in Perpignan was enlarged with an extension adapted to narrow body tail, to accommodate the AIRBUS A300.

From EAS EUROPE AIRLINES to EAS INDUSTRIES (1991-2014)

EAS was taken over and became EAS EUROPE AIRLINES in 1992. Three years later, the commercial airline was not maintained and only the maintenance facility remained in Perpignan.
EAS EUROPE AILINES became EAS INDUSTRIES. In 2010, a new hangar of 7,000sqm was built, to accommodate wider aircrafts (BOEING 757 & 767 and AIRBUS A330 & A340) bringing the total area to 13,500sqm.

100000000000049C0000036A7BDBB1DE

NEW EAS (2014)

From September 2014, EAS Industries is now managed by Philippe CHABALIER and Romain GRAU. The company is now renamed “NEW EAS”, EAS SERVICES, and ready to continue MRO activities through the future…

Facetune - copie